Southern Fruit Cobbler Mix Gift Trio, Simple and Quick Desserts
The perfect anytime gourmet food gift, our southern fruit cobbler dessert trio includes our top three flavors: Apple, Cherry and Peach.
What do you get when you combine fruit, cobbler mix and 1 cup of milk? An easy fruit cobbler dessert that's piping hot and oozing fruit cobbler deliciousness.. Developed from Grandma's scratch made recipe, enjoying a warm bowl of homemade apple, cherry or peach cobbler topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream is a summer dessert favorite. With a one year shelf life, keep a few on hand for a quick dessert for drop in guests, potluck meals or cookouts. Looking for a food gift idea? Our Southern Fruit Cobbler Gift Trio makes a tasteful gourmet food gift as a housewarming gift, birthday gift, shower gift, anytime gift.
Just follow our easy and quick fruit cobbler dessert recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For an EASY FRESH FRUIT COBBLER, wee recipe below for fresh fruit pie filling. Julia's Pantry's mix reminds me of the old fashioned fruit dessert cobbler Grandma Julia would make every week.
For a CANNED FRUIT COBBLER,, use a 22 ounce can of store brought pie filling.
2. In a medium bowl, combine fruit cobbler mix and 3/4 cup of milk (whole, skim, almond, evaporated, etc.) and mix well.
3. Pour batter into an 8 x 8 pan, lightly sprayed with Pam
4. Add apples, peaches or cherries (fresh, canned or pie filling) to batter and gently combine. MIX IT UP with fruit combinations (Peach Blueberry Cobbler, Mixed Berry Cobbler with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries, Cranberry Apple Cobbler, etc.)
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve fruit cobbler warm and topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. Delicious!
CROCK POT FRUIT COBBLER
1. Lightly spray crock pot.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Apple cobbler mix and 3/4 cup of milk (whole, skim, almond, evaporated, etc.) and mix well.
3. Pour batter into slow cooker.
4. Add double the amount of fruit or a mixture of fruits (fresh, canned or pie filling) to batter and gently combine.
5. Cook on low for 2 - 2.5 hours.
FRUIT COBBLER MIX INGREDIENTS: Self-rising flour, cane sugar, real butter powder, and sweet cream buttermilk.
ALLERGEN ALERT: Processed in a facility that also packages products containing soy, eggs, milk, tree nuts and peanuts
Other Fruit Cobbler Flavors: Blackberry Cobbler, Strawberry Cobbler, Blueberry Cobbler, Gluten Free Peach Cobbler, Gluten Free Very Berry Cobbler Mix and Gluten Free Cherry Cobbler Mixes
What is a cobbler? Made in America, the homemade fruit cobbler.
"Without the resources of brick ovens...colonial cooks often made cobblers in pots over an open fire," according to "The Oxford Encyclopedia of food and Drink in America, Volume 2." Fruit cobblers are a quick and easy dessert that combines a biscuit type bread topping with fruit. Cobblers are prepared in a deep cooking dish or skillet where the juices of the fruit often bubble up through the crust while cooking. Folks enjoy different parts of the cobbler and while many focus on the juice and fruit, I prefer a good helping of the crust or bread topping combined with the fruit. Our Apple biscuit cobbler mix is enhanced in flavor with the sweet cream buttermilk and real butter powder we use in our mix. Julia's Pantry offers a delicious line of easy to bake dessert mixes to serve your family and a warm buttery cobbler where you only add fruit and milk. A tried and true American dessert tradition, Apple, Peach or Cherry Cobbler served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
RECIPE: How to prepare fruit pie filling using fresh fruit:
Combine the following ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook down until tender and thickened.n
4-6 cups of fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, apples, blueberries, etc.)
1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup brown or white sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Allow to cool slightly and use your fresh fruit pie filling in your favorite cobbler recipe.
Our package is a retro-designed cloth gift bag that can be recycled again and again.
All return issues must be handled by the vendor directly. OutpostLE cannot process or handle returns for any transaction. All funds for transactions are directly deposited into the vendor's account, minus all transaction fees. OutpostLE does not receive any money for any transactions outside of the transaction fees, which are non-refundable.